Saturday, August 31, 2013
Waiting
So, I've had Isaiah 55:9-12 on my heart a lot recently. God's been working on my patent inability to be patient, and wait on His timing. I hate waiting. I think I know when things are supposed to happen, and it's not supposed to take this long. Let's see, we're waiting to pay bills, waiting to hear about a job, waiting for the checks to pay the hospital bills, waiting on Beth's medical insurance, waiting, waiting, waiting.... It's driving me crazy! I mean, this is all important stuff, right? John deserves that job, right? Beth needs her health insurance, right? I mean, c'mon...we pay our insurance so that when we need it, we get those checks, and we deserve 'em, right??? No. Nope. Nada. Just when I start breathing smoke, and thinking about doing something crazy, that sneaky little verse pops into my head. "For My thoughts are not your thoughts....nor are My ways, your ways, says the Lord." Oops. So, uh, does that mean that I'm wrong? Yup. Verse 11 "So shall My word be that goes forth from My mouth;It shall not return to Me void, But it shall accomplish what I please, And it shall prosper in the thing for which I sent it." Ouch. I mean, that's a good verse, don't get me wrong. I love knowing that nothing God does can get screwed up, or delayed. But it also can't be hurried. It does just what He wants it to, WHEN He wants it to. I'm having sudden Gandalf flash backs..."A wizard is never late, he always arrives precisely when he means to." Insert "God" and that's about right. God's timing is always perfect, and I have no right to complain or worry. I just need to sit back, and enjoy today and what's He's given me TODAY to enjoy. Let's face it. How many time do we miss stuff waiting for what we think we need? I don't want to be the person living for ____________. I want to live for now. I want my kids to remember their childhood fondly. I want to have what verse 12 promises. "For you shall go out with joy...." Awesome. I could use some more joy. But first, I gotta get verses 9-11 through my thick skull.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment