Wednesday, August 28, 2013

Rainy days and bad attitudes

I've got a heart problem. No, nothing physical. It's that intangible part that we attribute all our emotions to that's got a problem. I'm cranky and dissatisfied with my life, and that's a heart problem. I've got two beautiful babies that love me unconditionally (except when I tell Beth she can't carry her toothbrush with her all day), a wonderful husband who goes to work everyday to a job he's not that fond of to provide for us, cupboards full of good food I can cook, and a lovely apartment. I spend most of my time wishing for some "me time", a better paying job for DH, take-out or fastfood so I don't have to cook, and a bigger apartment or house. Now, there's nothing wrong with sometimes wishing things weren't quite so tight. But there's a whole lot wrong with the amount of time I spend wishing for things to be different. Today, I need to sit back and smell the roses, so to speak. My life is good just the way it is. Americanism says that I'm impoverished, and I need a nicer house, more clothes, a designer kitchen (ok, so that one wouldn't be so bad....), newer cars, and a full-time nanny to help with the kids so I don't have to spend any time with them. Right here, right now, I reject that thinking. I am blessed. I have a husband that busts his butt so I can stay home with the kids. I am lucky. I am blessed. I need God to fix my heart problem.

No comments:

Post a Comment