Friday, August 16, 2013
Honey Cinnamon Tea
Have you ever woken up, and just known that today, you won't be a good Mom? Whether it was a bad night with no sleep, or stress, or sickness, you just knew...today was not going to be good. That is my morning. I woke up with the sore throat from Sandpaper land, and no voice, except for this croaking sound that made me consider trying out for the Frog Choir. My DH promptly decided that he wasn't going to work on the car, and was going to stay home this morning, and watch the kids so I could get some extra sleep. While the extra sleep helped, my throat still hurt. And I still couldn't talk. I didn't want to deal my kids. How can I be a good Mommy without my voice? How can I correct them, and let them know how much I love them without a voice? I asked DH to call his mother, and ask her to keep them while he was at work. Yeah, that desperate. Lo and behold, today was the only day of the week that she had plans already, and couldn't watch them. As my spirit sank, and I considered melting onto the bed in tears, I felt a small presence enter my heart, and I suddenly felt like I could do this. My physical symptoms were the same, but all of a sudden, I knew that despite everything, I can get through today. So, I put on a nightgown, which I'll probably wear all day, asked DH to make me a cup of honey cinnamon tea to soothe my throat, and got down to the business of living my day. The honey cinnamon tea was delicious, by the way. Didn't hurt my throat at all to drink it. Mix one tablespoon of honey, a half teaspoon of cinnamon power, and one cup of hot water. stir and enjoy. DH isn't even sick, and he pronounced it yummy... Recommendation: keep the spoon near-by to facilitate constant stirring...otherwise the honey and cinnamon will sink, and then the last few sips will be super-strong, and you'll choke, and hate me. Today, I think I'll focus on loving mercy. His mercy that gives me the strength to get through this day, when I just knew it wouldn't be a good one.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment